R2 certification (referred to as responsible recycling) is a company level certification based on the R2 standard overseen by the R2 Technical Advisory Committee. The standard is described as "Responsible Recycling ("R2") Practices for Use in Accredited Certification Programs for Electronics Recyclers". The standard requires certified companies to have a policy on managing used and end-of-life electronics equipment, components and materials based on strategies such as reuse, materials and energy recovery and/or disposal.
The R2:2013 Standard is the latest version of R2, the electronics recycling industry's leading certification. Each provision of the R2 Standard is designed to help ensure the quality, transparency, and environmental and social responsibility, of R2 Certified electronics recycling facilities. PC Server and Parts is certified in the R2:2013 Standard.
ISO 45001 Certification
The ISO is the International Organization for Standardization that’s responsible for setting International standards for businesses, government and society. ISO 45001:2018 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance. PCSP follows the ISO 45001 guidelines in order to:
- Provide a safe and sanitized working environment for our employees.
- Deliver the highest quality product to our customers.
- Develop continual improvement of OH&S performance.
- Fulfilment of legal requirements and other requirements.
- Achievement of OH&S objectives.
ISO 14001 Certification
Another certification from the International Standardization Organization (ISO), the ISO 45001 family of standards addresses several aspects of environmental management. More specifically, by meeting the guidelines as outlined in ISO 45001, PC Server and Parts has been found to:
- Meet current environmental regulations
- Provide customers, the community and regulatory agencies with an assurance on environmental issues
- Support its own environmental policies, plans and actions
- Provide its employees with assurances that they are working for an environmentally-responsible organization
- Receive annual external audits to ensure all guidelines are being met.